Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hines Park TT

So I haven't updated my blog in a long time, then again there hasn't been much to talk about lately. That is until this morning when I placed Third in the Cat 5 Individual Time Trial! I put in a 35:27 20k, which is slow but for my first time trial I'm ok with it. The first 10k or so were pretty nice, I was pushing myself hard but I didn't feel like the last 10k was going to be a problem; I was very wrong in that assumption. I made the turn which was at the bottom of a hill, then as I made it around it was like hitting a brick wall, massive headwind with the rest of the course mostly uphill. The last 10k was just a survival game trying to keep my cadence up without passing out before the end. I saved enough so that the last 2k I was sprinting for almost the entire time, but by the time I crossed the line I almost threw up. I got passed by 2 guys but I passed 4 during the ride so i'm pleased with how I did. Next time I do an ITT I'm using aero bars and hopefully be able to shave off a few minutes off my time. I'm just happy that I didn't stop working and that I didn't quit though that's all I wanted to do after I hit that headwind. There might be some pictures but that's not a promise.

No comments: